I’m really late for Julia’s challenge this week. The prompt is ‘Legacy’ , the fourth in a series of Olympic themes, but people may have interpreted it in different ways. Check them here,
You know, I wept every day for six months, I was so lost.
And now I’m angry. If you had had a car accident or even been attacked it would be different, but you had a choice, and you put diving first every time.
You said it was safe, no one died jumping off a high board. So what do you do? Get your Gold and then fool around, one step too far.
I can’t undo what’s happened. Olympia has arrived now; she looks at me with your eyes. Your legacy, but she will be frightened of water.
‘This week is another simple prompt but please forgive me for making it topical to us here in the UK.
….Murray was just about to serve for the Championship when…’
says Julia, over at http://jfb57.wordpress.com/ pop across to join in!
Murray was just about to serve for the Championship when they arrived. The voices. All three this time and they were arguing like mad.
‘He has to have new tennis shoes; he’s going through the toes of last year’s.’ Tut.
‘I need shin pads, for Saturday, we’re playing Westchester.’ Get out of my head Aidan.
‘Listen, listen, no-one ever needed this stuff, need is about hunger, a roof over our heads.’ Dad shut up.
‘Murray will put the roof over our heads one day, the boy is gifted.’ No pressure then mum.
‘Ha, even he doesn’t believe that.’
The racquet thudded to the ground. You’re right dad I don’t.
This game is called “Tag – you’re it!”
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about him/herself on their blog. Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in their post,
- And create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Let each blogger know that you have tagged them My answers to the 11 questions asked by Sonel, http://sonelscorner.wordpress.com
- Name one important lesson you’ve learned in life. you can’t change yesterday, you don’t know about tomorrow so just be with today.
- Who or what inspires you? Being outdoors, anywhere, to watch people.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Mali.
- Name a movie title for the story of your life. Secrets and lies.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid? My troll collection that I used to make clothes for.
- If you can be a Disney character, who would you be? I would have to create my own.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Laugh.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Being made redundant.
- What is something you learned last week? That there are little tube shaped gadgets to drink through that make the dirtiest water safe with it’s internal filtration thingy.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? My late father who I hardly knew.
11. When you are alone what do you most enjoy doing? Writing obviously! Now I get to tag 11 people and ask 11 questions of them.
For any of you guys that decide to join in this is the hardest part, my eleven questions. Actually the really hard bit is getting rid of the silly formatting I have copied and pasted! Feel free to play or ignore me!
What was the last thing you had to drink?
Do you have a plan for tomorrow?
Can you remember your first day at school and if you liked it?
Have you overcome any phobias?
Your favourite book, and why?
A link to your most popular blog post
What made you laugh today?
Have you ever taken part in a protest?
Have your ever been really, REALLY scared?
What is the strangest thing you have even eaten?
Will you go to heaven?
And here are my chosen ones 🙂