Sonel tells us that texture is,
1. The characteristic physical structure given to a material, an object, etc., by the size, shape, and arrangement of its parts: soil of a sandy texture.
2. (Clothing, Personal Arts & Crafts / Textiles) : The characteristic structure of the threads, fibers, etc., that make up a textile fabric: coarse texture.
3. Essential or characteristic quality; essence : the texture of a cake.
4. The distinctive character or quality of something : the texture of life in the world.
5. The nature of a surface other than smooth woollen cloth has plenty of texture.
6. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms) Art : the representation of the nature of a surface the painter caught the grainy texture of the sand.
7. (Music, other) : the quality given, as to a musical work, by the combination or interrelation of parts or elements.
The photo I’ve chosen amused me because it looks a bit like a coiffured dog, can you see what I mean? Or do you think I’ve completely lost the plot?
Join in with Sonel’s challenge here, http://sonelcorner.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/black-and-white-photo-challenge-texture/